Skip to content
- 2 pounds fresh apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the chopped apricots, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the apricots are very soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the apricot butter into a sterilized jar and let cool completely before storing in the fridge.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of apricot butter.
- You can adjust the sugar to your liking, depending on how sweet your apricots are.
- This apricot butter can be used as a spread on toast, bagels, or muffins, or as a filling for cakes and pastries.
- It can also be served alongside cheese and crackers for a delicious appetizer.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g