Looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack option? Look no further than this banana bread recipe by Jayne! This recipe is perfect for those who want a tasty treat without sacrificing nutrition.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, applesauce, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe makes 12 servings.
- Each serving contains approximately 160 calories, 4g protein, 29g carbohydrates, 4g fat, and 3g fiber.
- For a sweeter bread, use ripe bananas with brown spots.
- For a vegan version, substitute the eggs with flax eggs (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water per egg).
- This bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 50-60 minutes