This blood orange marmalade recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a unique and delicious breakfast spread. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors makes it a great addition to toast, croissants, and even yogurt. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra blood oranges you may have on hand. So give it a try and enjoy the taste of fresh, homemade marmalade.
- 6 blood oranges
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Wash the blood oranges and cut them into thin slices.
- Remove any seeds from the slices and place them in a large pot.
- Add the sugar, water, and lemon juice to the pot and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 45-50 minutes, or until the marmalade has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the marmalade cool for a few minutes before transferring it to sterilized jars.
- Store the marmalade in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes about 3-4 cups of marmalade.
- Nutritional information (per tablespoon): Calories – 45, Fat – 0g, Carbs – 12g, Protein – 0g.
- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 3-4 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Jayne