This delicious Apple-Cranberry Crisp is the perfect dessert for any occasion. The combination of sweet apples and tart cranberries, topped with a crispy oat topping, will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 6 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 8g
Total Carbohydrate: 68g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
This recipe makes 6 servings. This dessert is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is cooked through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the apple mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt. Mix with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples and cranberries in the baking dish.
- Bake the crisp for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.