Apple Crisp III is a classic dessert that’s perfect for cool evenings. This recipe serves 6-8 people, and each serving contains approximately 350 calories.
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 3g
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 150mg
- 6 cups of sliced, peeled apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and melted butter. Mix well until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the topping is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.
This recipe can be easily customized by adding nuts, raisins, or even a little bit of caramel sauce on top. It’s also a great make-ahead dessert because it can be stored in the fridge and reheated in the oven later.