Pineapple Crisp is a delicious and healthy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe serves 6 people and takes about 45 minutes to prepare and cook. This crisp is high in vitamin C and fiber, making it a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while also getting important nutrients.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 3g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together pineapple, flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- Work in the butter using your fingers until the mixture forms pea-sized clumps.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
This Pineapple Crisp is best served fresh out of the oven, but it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It is a great dessert to bring to a potluck, picnic, or any other gathering. It is also a perfect dessert for those who are looking for a healthy and tasty option. This dish is considered vegan-friendly if GF butter is used instead of unsalted butter, and if the brown sugar is substituted with coconut sugar. Enjoy this Pineapple Crisp as a treat any time of day or night!
This dish falls under American cuisine, specifically a dessert.
This dish falls under the category of dessert.