This rich, creamy chocolate frosting with cocoa powder is perfect for any cake or cupcakes. It’s easy to make and will satisfy any chocolate lover’s sweet tooth.
- Calories: 165
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 2g
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder and beat until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and beat until smooth.
- If the frosting is too thick, add more milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost your cake or cupcakes as desired!
- This recipe makes enough frosting for one 9-inch cake or 12 cupcakes.
- Cocoa powder can be messy, so be sure to add it slowly to avoid getting it all over your kitchen!
- Store any leftover frosting in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Cooking and Preparation Time
- Cooking Time: N/A
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12 cupcakes or 1 9-inch cake
Category and Cuisine
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American