Creamy Frosting is a delicious topping that can be used on cakes and cupcakes. This recipe makes enough frosting for 12 servings and takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 0g
- In a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to high speed and continue to beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Use the frosting immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Creamy Frosting can be customized with food coloring to match any occasion.
- To make chocolate frosting, add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the ingredients list.
- Creamy Frosting can be used as a filling in cakes or cupcakes, or as a topping on brownies or cookies.