Holland Cream, also known as White Cream Filling, is a delicious and versatile pastry filling that can be used in a variety of desserts. This filling is made from a creamy custard base, infused with vanilla and thickened with cornstarch to create a smooth and velvety texture.
– Calories: 150 per serving
– Total Fat: 5g
– Cholesterol: 30mg
– Sodium: 75mg
– Total Carbohydrate: 24g
– Protein: 2g
– 2 cups milk
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 3 tbsp cornstarch
– 2 egg yolks
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the milk and sugar over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the milk begins to steam.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and egg yolks until they are well combined.
3. Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and heat over medium heat, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens and comes to a gentle boil.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps or bits of cooked eggs.
7. Cover the cream with plastic wrap, making sure that the wrap is touching the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming.
8. Chill the cream in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
9. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the chilled custard mixture until well combined.
10. Use the Holland Cream as a filling for cakes, pastries, donuts, or enjoy it on its own as a delicious dessert!
## Additional Notes
– This recipe makes about 2 cups of Holland Cream filling.
– The cream will thicken even more as it cools so be careful not to overcook it.
– Cooking time: 20 minutes
– Preparation time: 10 minutes
– Servings: 8
– Category: Dessert, Pastry
– Cuisine: European