This Simple Orange Glaze recipe is perfect for covering any dessert or pastry. It’s tangy and sweet, adding the perfect touch of citrus to your dish. This recipe makes 1 cup of glaze, with each serving being 2 tablespoons.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 85
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 0g
1 cup of glaze, 8 servings (2 tablespoons per serving)
For a thinner glaze, add more orange juice. For a thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar. You can also add food coloring to give the glaze a fun color.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, melted butter, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.