This Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting is perfect for frosting cakes and cupcakes. It is stabilized with cream cheese, making it firm enough to hold its shape.
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Category: American
- Servings: 16
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 105
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Protein: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Use as desired to frost cakes or other desserts.
The cream cheese in this recipe stabilizes the whipped cream, making it sturdy enough to hold its shape when used to frost cakes and cupcakes. Be sure to use heavy whipping cream that is very cold for the best results.