Apple Hand Pies are a delicious portable dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe makes 8 hand pies that are filled with spiced apples and have a buttery crust. Each hand pie has approximately 250 calories and 8 grams of fat.
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 box of pre-made refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Mix together the diced apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the apples are softened and the mixture is thickened, approximately 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crusts and cut out 8 circles (use a 5-inch cookie cutter or cup).
- Divide the apple mixture between the 8 circles and fold them in half, making sure to seal the edges. Use a fork to crimp the edges together.
- Place the hand pies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the beaten egg on top of the hand pies and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the hand pies are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
The Apple Hand Pies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 hand pie
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 41g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 3g