This delicious trifle is perfect for celebrating the Platinum Jubilee! It serves 8 people and is packed with nutrition. This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to chill. It falls under the dessert category and is a classic British cuisine. This recipe is created by me, Jayne.
- 1 package of ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup of sherry
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of grated white chocolate
- Arrange the ladyfingers in a single layer at the bottom of an 8-inch trifle dish. Drizzle with sherry.
- Add the raspberries and blueberries on top of the ladyfingers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix and milk until thickened. Pour over the berries.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds and grated white chocolate on top of the whipped cream.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 6g
- Sugar: 28g
- Make sure to chill the trifle before serving to allow the layers to set.
- This trifle can be made the day before serving.
- You can substitute the sherry with orange juice for a non-alcoholic version.
- Feel free to use any seasonal berries or fruits of your choice.