Chocolate Trifle is a perfect dessert for chocolate lovers. It is a layered dessert made with chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and chocolate chips. This recipe serves 8 people and is perfect for any occasion. It requires 30 minutes of preparation time and 2 hours of chilling time.
Recipe for Chocolate Trifle
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 27g
- Protein: 5g
- 1 chocolate cake mix, baked according to package instructions
- 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cut the chocolate cake into small pieces.
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Layer the chocolate cake, pudding, whipped cream and chocolate chips in a trifle bowl or large glass bowl.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the bowl.
- Garnish the top of the dessert with extra chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- You can use any type of chocolate cake mix for this recipe, including homemade cake.
- If you want to add some variety, you can try adding fresh berries or sliced bananas to the layers.
- This dessert can be made a day ahead of time, but it is best served within 24 hours.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Chilling Time: 2 hours
- Serves: 8 people
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American