Classic Tiramisu is a rich and indulgent Italian dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with layers of ladyfingers and a fluffy mascarpone cheese filling, and is topped with a dusting of cocoa powder. This recipe serves 8 people and has the following nutrition information per serving:
– Calories: 541
– Fat: 36g
– Carbohydrates: 40g
– Protein: 10g
– Sodium: 178mg
– Sugar: 20g
**Additional notes:** This recipe requires chilling time, so be sure to make it in advance. It is also recommended to use pasteurized eggs for safety reasons.
**Cooking time:** 45 minutes
**Preparation time:** 30 minutes
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso, cooled
- 3 tablespoons rum or Marsala wine
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a heat-proof bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and turns pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from heat and whisk in the milk. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese until fluffy.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream until well combined.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the cooled coffee or espresso and rum.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture for a few seconds, making sure each side is coated.
- Arrange a single layer of ladyfingers in the bottom of an 8-inch square dish.
- Spoon half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, dust the top with cocoa powder.