Homemade Marshmallow Creme is easy to make and delicious. It is perfect for spreading on toast, dipping fruit, or using as a frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
Additional Notes: This recipe makes about 2 cups of marshmallow creme. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 85
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Potassium: 10mg
- Sugar: 21g
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, while continuing to beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for an additional minute.
- Spoon the marshmallow creme into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2 cups or 16 servings (2 tablespoons per serving)