These caramel apples are perfect for fall festivities, Halloween parties or just as a tasty and satisfying treat anytime. They are a classic dessert with a sweet and crunchy coating, sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 6 medium apples
- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wooden skewers or popsicle sticks
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 421
- Total Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
- Sodium: 175 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 59 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Wash and dry the apples. Insert skewers into the tops of the apples.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, unsalted butter and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and turns a deep caramel color.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dip each apple into the caramel, turning to coat completely. Use a spoon to help cover any missed spots.
- Place coated apples onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- For an added touch, you can roll the caramel-coated apples in chopped nuts, sprinkles, or crushed cookies before placing them on the baking sheet to cool.