This Cottage Cheese Alfredo Sauce recipe is a creamy and delicious twist on the traditional Alfredo sauce. It’s perfect for pasta, chicken, or as a dip.
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 20g
The sauce will thicken upon standing, so it’s best to serve it immediately. For a thinner sauce, add a bit more milk.
- Puree the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the garlic until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the pureed cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Add the milk and black pepper and whisk until smooth and heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the sauce over pasta, chicken, or use as a dip.