Grilled Sesame-Soy Shishito Peppers are a healthy and flavorful snack or side dish that are perfect for summer grilling. This dish is vegan and gluten-free and can be easily adjusted to your liking by adjusting the spice level. The peppers are marinated in a simple soy-sesame dressing and grilled until they are slightly charred and tender.
- 1 pound shishito peppers
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Calories: 58kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 316mg
- Potassium: 140mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 13IU
- Vitamin C: 62mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Serve the grilled shishito peppers as a side dish or appetizer.
- You can adjust the spice level by adding more or less red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- Use a grill basket or skewers to make grilling easier.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Number of servings: 4
- Cuisine type: Japanese
- Category: Appetizer/Side Dish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Add the shishito peppers to the marinade and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the peppers on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they are slightly charred and tender, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Remove the peppers from the grill and serve immediately.