This recipe is for cooking rice, a staple food for many cultures around the world. Rice is a great source of carbohydrates that are an essential part of a balanced diet. This recipe makes 4 servings of rice, perfect for a family meal or meal prep.
– Calories: 205
– Carbohydrates: 45g
– Protein: 4g
– Fat: 1g
– Sodium: 479g
– Fiber: 1g
– 1 cup of white rice (long or short grain)
– 2 cups of water
– Pinch of salt (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
– Rinse the rice before cooking to remove excess starch
– Flavor the rice by adding herbs, spices or broth to the cooking water
– Leftover rice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
– Preparation Time: 5 minutes
– Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
– Side dish
How to Cook Rice
1. Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the rinsed rice and water. If desired, add a pinch of salt and olive oil.
3. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
4. Simmer the rice for 18-20 minutes if using short-grain rice, 20-25 minutes if using long-grain rice, or until all the water has been absorbed.
5. Turn off the heat and let the rice sit, still covered, for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff the rice with a fork, and season with additional salt if needed.
Enjoy your perfectly cooked rice!