This recipe makes 8 servings of delicious cranberry sauce that is perfect for Thanksgiving or any other holiday gathering. It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s packed with nutrition.
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- zest of 1 orange
- Rinse the cranberries and discard any stems or leaves.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, cinnamon stick, and ground cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the cranberries have burst and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the sauce and stir in the orange zest.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a serving dish.
- This cranberry sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can blend it with an immersion blender or transfer it to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly.
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 0g
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Cranberry Sauce, Thanksgiving, Holiday, Sauce, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
Side Dish, Sauce