Microwave Baked Potato is a quick and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for those busy weeknights. This meal serves 2 and is a great source of potassium and vitamin C.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings: butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits
- Calories: 225
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- Potassium: 911mg
- Vitamin C: 22% DV
- Scrub the potatoes clean under running water.
- Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork.
- Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Use tongs to carefully flip the potatoes over and microwave for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut a slit in the top of each potato and squeeze the ends to open the slit wider.
- Top the potatoes with optional toppings and serve.
This Microwave Baked Potato recipe can be easily customized with your favorite toppings or seasonings. You can add cheese, chili, or even broccoli to make it a complete meal. Make sure to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your potatoes and the wattage of your microwave.