One-pan creamy orzo is a simple yet delicious meal that is perfect for a quick dinner. It is a vegetarian dish that combines orzo pasta with creamy sauce, spinach, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. This recipe serves 4 and provides approximately 380 calories per serving.
- Calories: 380
- Total fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Total carbohydrate: 48g
- Dietary fiber: 3g
- Total sugars: 5g
- Protein: 15g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook until the onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add orzo to the skillet and stir to coat it with oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet with a lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until orzo is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, spinach, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to the skillet, and stir well.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes until the spinach is wilted and the cheese is melted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve immediately while it’s still hot.
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main course
- Cuisine: Italian