Roasted Turnips are the perfect side dish to any meal. This recipe is easy to make and provides a healthy option for vegetable consumption. This dish is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamins making it a great meal for health-conscious individuals.
- 4 medium-sized turnips, peeled and cut into evenly sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 103 kcal
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 634 mg
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
- To keep the dish vegan, skip the Parmesan cheese topping.
- Any seasoning of your choice can be sprinkled on the dish instead of thyme.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread out the turnips on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over the turnips and toss well. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle minced garlic and chopped thyme over the top.
- Toss the turnips again to mix everything well.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the turnips once in between.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top, if using.
- Continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the turnips become golden brown and tender.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot.