This homemade applesauce is easy to make and is a delicious and healthy snack. It is made with fresh apples and a few basic ingredients, and is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy treat. This recipe makes about 6 servings and can be made in around 30 minutes.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 0g
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine the chopped apples, water, honey, and ground cinnamon.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the apples have softened.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the apples cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the applesauce until it is smooth.
- Transfer the applesauce to a large bowl and let it cool completely before serving.
- This applesauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- If you like your applesauce chunky, you can skip the blending step and serve it as-is.