Posts Tagged lemon beans
Today I wanted to share my green bean recipe. It’s not really a recipe, more an idea, just four ingredients that go very well together.
I made these lemony beans one Christmas a few years ago. We had my Mother in law for dinner and although she appreciates the effort made she is the least foodie person you could imagine and she doesn’t eat vegetables! However it was Christmas and I wanted everything to be different, special, so that day I tossed the French beans in some butter and lemon zest, even if I would be the only one to eat them. Well I loved them but I had the shock of my life when not only did my non-vegetable eating husband try one but he liked them and had more!
To this day this is the only way my husband will eat French beans! I think we were both surprised that simply tossing some beans in lemon and butter would be what made him start to eat French beans! I have since swapped the butter for olive oil as it feels a little healthier but tastes just as good.
Green Beans with a Lemon Dressing
ingredients (serves 2)
- 150 grams French beans, (you may call them dwarf beans), topped and tailed
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of half a small lemon
- sea salt to taste
- Steam or boil your beans until just tender, 3-4 minutes if boiling, 5-6 if steaming.
- Drain the beans and pour the olive oil in the pan you used to cook the beans (saves on washing up).
- Turn the heat on low, add the lemon zest, salt and beans. Toss to coat and serve immediately.