Posts Tagged salsa salad
Another day, another salad! I admit to feeling a little lost once my Whole30 ended and after a weekend break from it I did another 20 days as my all or nothing personality can follow the rules of something as strict as the Whole30 but once off it goes completely the other way! I clearly did not get rid of my sugar demon in 30 days! I have found that Paleo food suits me and the rules keep me on the right track, maybe one day I will kick that sweet tooth! So its back to salads for lunch but I will admit that one can have their fill of leaves!
When doing the Whole30 avocado was on the list of foods to eat, such a treat! Wanting to make a leaf free salad for a change and finding a lonesome lime in the fridge led to this salsa-ish type of salad. Very un-salsa like I added a few mushrooms just to add a little meatiness, also just because I had them. I will admit it may have been a strange combination but I really enjoyed this salad, it was quick and easy to prepare and travels well to work in a Tupperware. It goes well with an omelette, prawns or chicken.
Avocado Salsa Salad
ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced fairly small
- 1/2 chilli (add less if you don’t like too much heat), diced finely
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- cucumber about 4-5 inches, chopped
- 3 mushrooms (optional), chopped
- coriander leaves, just a few roughly chopped.
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Chop all of the vegetables and add to a bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables stirring to coat.
- Leave to sit for a little while before serving.